Welcome to Zion Lutheran Ministries.
We develop new relationships with people through our church, school and child care.
We’re glad you’ve found your way to us!
A few things you might like to know:
- Our Sunday Divine Services are at 6:30 pm on Thursday and 8:00 and 10:30 am. on Sunday.
- We have an opportunity to get to know one another during our coffee time (with special treats served as well) following our first Sunday service. It's held from 9:00 - 9:30am.
- We have a Sunday School program for children and Bible Class for all of our adults held from 9:30 - 10:15 am
- We are a congregation of the Lutheran Church — Missouri Synod.
A special welcome to those with young children
We would like to invite you to visit us. At Zion, we want you to feel at home.
- First, please relax and enjoy your time here. Jesus knows that children tend to wiggle and squawk a bit, so please don’t feel embarrassed by it. Children are most welcome at Zion. Our children enjoy coming forward during each service for a special children's message from pastor.
- To make it a bit easier on your family, please dare to sit toward the front where your children can easily see. Encourage them to note the colors, hear the music, watch the pastor, and embrace the action at the altar. What Jesus is doing here promises to engage them.
- Do you find it difficult to follow along in a service program and hymnal while juggling a child or two needing to be held? no Problem! Our entire service can be seen on two monitors in the front of church.
- As we go along, softly explain the liturgy to your children, encouraging them to join in on parts of the service: "Amen!" "Lord have mercy!" "Our Father!" These belongs to them too.
- Be sure to sing, speak, and pray your parts also as you sit and stand. Your children learn by following your lead.
- If you must leave for a few minutes, please hurry back. We want your children here. They are an important part of our lives!
- If you need a little help, please ask. There are many people here who will lend you a hand.
Please know that while you are caring for your children, the rest of us will be rejoicing with you in Jesus words, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” (Luke 18:16-17 ESV) We know that your children are a gift to the Church, so we will do our best to welcome, encourage, and bless you all. Welcome to Messiah.
A Suggested Prayer Before Worship
O Lord, my creator, redeemer, and comforter, as I come to worship You in spirit and in truth, I humbly pray that You would open my heart to the preaching of Your Word so that I may repent of my sins, believe in Jesus Christ as my only Savior, and grow in peace and holiness. Hear me for the sake of His name. Amen.